This luxury estate captures the imagination with its stunning design and features along with a lifestyle found only in the gated community of Villa Real, Santa Ana an exclusive residential. This new estate was built with the highest standards using North American guidelines, materials and supervision. This outstanding estate was designed and developed with a fresh and inviting open floor plan making use of the breathtaking views from every floor to ceiling window. From the moment you approach the exterior of this stunning estate you get a feeling of it regal and commanding presence. No detail was left undone and this estate will surpass even the highest expectations. Every facet of the design and development of this property was supervised by developer Gregory Shelby, who’s known for his creative and inspirational luxury homes built in Chicago, Beverly Hills, Palm Springs California and Costa Rica. In addition to this impressive estate he is about to finish another outstanding home also located in Villa Real.
With an extraordinary view of the mountains, the valley, and even the Gulf of Nicoya in the distance this home reflects the high quality lifestyle of one of the most prestigious gated community in Costa Rica, Villa Real. This estate is located just meters away from the president of the country, Laura Chinchilla, and other residents of importance all who demand a lifestyle of quality, the best security and infrastructure, and a balance of the marvelous flora and fauna found in this eco-residential community.
The property is located close to the country’s most exclusive area of recreation, entertainment, and business, in Escazu and Santa Ana, it is only 20 minutes away from the airport and an hour from the gorgeous beaches on the Costa Rican Pacific coast.
Construction: 912 m2 Land: 1,300 m2
– 3 story steel and concrete construction
– 2 master bed suits with sitting room, Jacuzzi tub and shower with massage sprayer, walk-in closet, walk-in toilet room
– 2 bed with built-in computer desk, full bath and walk-in closet
– Office with build in bar
– Extensive ultra high quality cabinets with crown molding in all parts of the home
– Formal Dining room with built-in buffet
– 3 social rooms, one on each floor
– Professional gourmet kitchen with additional eat-in dinning. Viking appliances.
– Extensive slab granite bathrooms, kitchen, BBQ, gym
– All floors and inlays are porcelain, stone, ceramic, marble, granite
– 9 total bathrooms
– Steam room with shower
– Maid’s room
– Laundry room
– 3 car garage with building shelving with doors
– Cinema with features of a professional theater
– Main spiral staircase
– Maids back staircase to kitchen
– Spiral staircase, main home to swimming pool and BBQ kitchen
– BBQ outdoor kitchen. Viking appliances.
– Gym with full bathroom
– Glass Elevator with access to all 3 floors of the home
– 11 terraces from every bedroom and social room of the home
– 3 fireplaces inside the home
– 1 fireplace at outside social eating area
– Exotic landscaping
– All windows and bronze frames from Spain
– All grand chandeliers from Tommy Bahama
– Custom built doors and frames with sculptured details
– Central Air-conditioned zones
– Back-up 16-KW power generator
– Back-up 1200 liter fresh water underground storage system
– Fully furnished by interior designer
– Construction and structural design provided by highly experienced, respected and certified professionals.
– All steel and concrete construction meets or exceeds some of the highest standards in all of Latin America.
– Testing of all soil conditions before structural design and building
– Core testing of all concrete in every part of the home to insure a high quality of structural integrity
– All plumbing is constructed to North America standards, not in concrete floors common to Costa Rica
– All walls and foundations underground use a French drain and 3 part water waterproofing systems
– All retaining walls use the same waterproofing system
– All retaining walls use footers, anchors when needed and vertical support columns every 3 meters
– Exterior stone has steel mesh installed for extra strength and resists to cracking or tiles falling off
– Elevator with two glass walls, high speed transport like commercial systems
– 16-KW backup power generator wish transfer switch
– Electrical outlets, lights and switches placement use North American standard including many 3-way,
– 3 part waterproofing system use on all roof part of the home which also has a heat and cold resistant factor
– High quality double fired glazed roof tiles from Brazil
– All bronze window frames from Spain and tempered glass used for large expansive window
– All walls are painted with Elastomeric Paint for long term durability that resists cracking
– All wood pergolas use UV protected stain and polyurethane
– All floors in showers have a waterproofing membrane under the floor tile
– The first floor on home that makes contact with the ground had a waterproofing membrane under the floor tile
– All grout inside and out of the home been sealed
– All granite, marble and travertine have been sealed
– The central spiral staircase is constructed with Almendro wood for long term wear
– All bathrooms, laundry room and kitchen have extractors
– The infinity edge pool and spa are built on special 4 meters deep foundation under the floor of the pool. The option was chosen but not required because the pool is built into a hill. This steel and concrete foundation insures a long term stable investment
– The septic system is oversize for the home to insure a heavy demand for possible corporate use of the home
– State-of-art central alarm, camera, smoke and fire, lighting, music and TV video central system
Home Electronic Features
– The advanced home intelligent electronic system is extensive but very user friendly
– All structure wire of 12 Kilometers for the intelligent system is low acid for special use in Central American
– The management software and computer control with LCD control panels in all the areas of the home is the Control 4 System
– Central music sound system in all parts of the home with local central and local control
– Control of dimmer lighting in social, kitchen, cinema, key security lighting inside and out and master bedrooms
– State-of-the-art security system, including fire, motion detection and 11 cameras all accessible at the home
on anywhere in the world by the Internet using a pass code with remote central control for the spa and pool
– The elevator is a high speed 3 phase system built in Spain more common to commercial use resulting in durable long-term use. It features two glass walls in the cabin and a power failure system that returns the elevator to the first floorand opens door for exit
– Power back-up 16-KW generator LP Gas powered from Generac USA
– 6 zone high efficiency central air conditioning
– 250 recessed lights using efficient halogen, low voltage and tungsten natural looking light system for low wattage fluorescents that match the color of the main lighting in the home
– E-Max band 9 zone high efficient hot water heaters with a pressurized central
water system to provide even pressure in the home
– LCD flat screen televisions, sizes second floor master bedroom, third floor masterbedroom , Main social room over fireplace, kitchen, gym, third floor TV social room, outside BBQ, secondary suite.
– MOVIE THEATER The cinema is a complete professional state-of-the-art High Definition projection, Panasonic brand system and 7.1 surround sound with the
– Onkyo brand digital sound with powered subwoofer
– The room includes leather recliner theater seating from Lazy Boy brand and a high contrast light amplifying
19×9 aspect ratio wide screen from Stewart brand.
– HEAD END ELECTRONIC RACK SYSTEM a dedicated room at the back of the cinema is where the central rack system has all audio and video equipment, switching connectors, HD-DVD, Blue-Ray and standard DVD, Panamax power filter, CD player, Control 4 intelligent central computer, and Wi-Fi central system for the whole house.
– APPLIANCES the kitchen if filled with professional gourmet stainless steel Viking brand appliances including, 5 burner cooking surface twin ovens, dishwasher, warming drawer, microwave, side-by-side refrigerator/freezer with indoor ice and water and one double stainless steel, second stainless sink at prep-island counter,
wine cooler in dining room.
– OUTDOOR BBQ KITCHEN APPLIANCES all of the appliances are professional stainless steel Viking brand, including (LP gas) BBQ grill, two burners (LP gas) cook top, under-bar refrigerator and under-bar icemaker.
– 6 zone digital thermostats controlled by the central electronic intelligent system.
Home Furnishings and Art
Every part of the estate has been furnished turnkey with high quality designer furniture from Europe and North America which is a blend of classic traditional and transitional styles. The colors are inviting medium tone earth tones which are accented by classic patterns, stripes and solids with a nice blend of rich leathers and hand carved wood accents. This furniture package includes all beds and night stands, wardrobes and chest of drawers, area rugs in every bedroom, bedding and bed comforters from Scandinavia and Italy, a fine dining room table with exotic inlayed woods including chairs for 8 with stunning with buffet table and area rug, in kitchen dinning set for 6, a camel back tweed couch and loveseat with accent side chairs side and cocktail tables in social room by fireplace this including accent area rug, accent table at main entrance with inlayed top with matching two meter
high glass and classic hand carved wood design curio cabinet, Chairs with classic pattern and wood accent legs and arms and table in the social area in circular space by bottom of stairs, office desk and leather chair with fabric side chairs, the sitting room next to the third floor master bedroom has couch and two side chairs
with table, third floor television social room has buffet under flat screen TV andcouch two side chairs and cocktail table and accent area rug. The cinema has six chestnut brown leather theater recliner chairs, outside the cinema is a Tommy Bahama brand bar with 3 leather stools and classic design pub table with marble
top and 3 leather chairs. The maids room if furnished with bed. Outside terrace next to the BBQ is a stone top table for 6 and two side tables with lounge chairs, etc.
The entire home feels filled with designer furniture that make the home feel lived in and inviting it has accent mirrors, tasteful artwork and fabrics and woods that make the home warm and classic which is first class for the most discerning home owner.